Vince Harder - Far From Here

I first came across Vince Harder when he collaborated with P-Money some years ago on "Everything" - a great track with clear commercial upside. I am not sure how it did, but I assume at least pretty well in NZ. It was clear back then that he was a talented vocalist with a great vocal range. He made the song. His material since has been of a reasonably high standard but the problem I have with much of it is it is too formulaic. I don't think NZers can do well internationally without differentiating themselves strongly from some perspective. I would like to see Vince Harder do some more challenging work with less conventional writers and producers to see what came of it. Not sure if that is likely but with a talent like that, surely it is worth giving it a go? Anyway, this blog is about music I like. Where does this clip stand? I don't have a problem with this song. It is a competent pop song performed strongly by Vince. But the reason this clip is here is the video which I think is one of the silliest and most overblown New Zealand videos I have seen in a long time, and I love it. Now this is differentiation! Who has filmed a faux runaway drama in Santiago recently? Not Chris Brown. Stunning camera work and direction by Shae Sterling. If they didn't get paid by the Chilean tourism authority, they should have. I only post clips I like, and this is one.



Vince Harder - Far From Here

No comments:

Post a Comment