Glass Vaults - Gold Star

Put it this way, combine Sigur Ros, Brian Eno, New Zealand's Jakob and Boards of Canada, and you are getting somewhere close to Wellington's Glass Vaults. But they are their own...I am just giving a perspective from which to come at them. Last night I bought everything on their Bandcamp website and have spent hours listening to it. And my initial impressions have been confirmed. It is wonderful. Haunting, evolving, complex electronic textures, occasional percussion, with vocals only when needed, and often beautifully effect-laden. There is one tremelo-like effect which I am dying to find out how it was put together. They have just finished touring offshore from what I understand. The band members directed the video, and it is perfectly suited to the material, and of similar-level production quality. You can buy their material at www.glassvaults.bandcamp.com .



Glass Vaults - Gold Star

No comments:

Post a Comment