Dear Time's Waste - Alice

I have only really happened upon Dear Time's Waste (DTW) in the last month or so and I am glad I have. I have always liked the Cocteau Twins and there are some unabashed parallels, although DTW are not derivative in a plagiarist sense. With high levels of undistorted chorus (effect) on a substantial proportion of the guitar arrangements, the influences are clearly there. I find much of their music quietly hypnotic, and extraordinarily pleasant to listen to (definitely not in bland way). I had originally posted DTW's "Fortune" but due to problems with the Vimeo embed, and nothing for this track on YouTube, I have gone with an earlier song. "Fortune" is superb, both song and video. DTW, who is actually Aucklander Claire Duncan, clearly has a strong visual inclination in terms of product control which lifts the overall offering to international quality. I can't fault anything she has done so far. This video is well directed by Jesse Taylor-Smith and Jenna Ericksen. A bit of the suburban gothic for you...



Dear Time's Waste - Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment