Opossom - Fly

The Nielson brothers (ex-Mint Chicks) are clever, and whats more, they have an integrity to their art that stands out. Integrity builds careers, and in this case is slowly, but quite surely, building both the brothers a global following. (Kody Nielson in Opossom, and Ruban Nielson in Unknown Mortal Orchestra). Much of contemporary music is so derivative that it has become difficult to define a specific sound that one owns from scratch. But Opossom has managed to create something which I can't pigeonhole, and thus probably implies that they are getting close to being truly original. It has taken me some time to warm to this (that is my problem - not Opossom's), but I have got to the point where I am purchasing their music. This track "Fly" is off their new album "Electric Hawaii" and is one of my favourites. The album is available to purchase at http://opossom.bandcamp.com/. I will post on Unknown Mortal Orchestra (UMO) at a later date. You can find a great live video of UMO at www.nzmusic4u-live.blogspot.com.



Opossom - Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment