Artisan Guns - Pulled You In

To be honest, this song didn't grab me at first. Sort of seemed a little hollow, maybe because the vocal is out there on its own (frequency wise) with  a reasonably emphatic reverb on it, and the arrangement is quite sparse in the first half of the song. But that "hollowness" is actually "space", and now makes complete sense to me and put together with a vulnerable vocal delivery, this song has worked its way into my subconscious. I found myself singing the chorus over and over yesterday...."pulled you in after - aaaaahhhh [choir sample]" (?!). I love the extended fade-out, and despite going on for over two minutes, it doesn't overstay its welcome. We all know where the radio programmers will pull the pin though...somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00! Or maybe there is a radio mix coming? So Artisan Guns deliver again. Their excellent Silver Scroll nominated song "Autumn" is elsewhere on this blog. "Pulled You In" is off their new album "Coral" due out on August 24th. I like the video (the band's bass player, Reuben Stephens again - see Watercolours "Under" on this blog). Its not perfect, but some great imagery (cloth car pull-away at 2:19) and succeeds overall.



Artisan Guns - Pulled You In

No comments:

Post a Comment