Sola Rosa - Spinning Top [feat LA Mitchell]

This clip has been posted in celebration of my first attendance at a Sola Rosa live gig - at Wellington's San Francisco Bath House. It will be difficult to refrain from embarrassing myself as I bust my moves through the crowd, but I am a sucker for syncopation. (Thankfully you don't know what I look like). "Spinning Top" is a great example of what Sola Rosa consistently comes up with. A strong song, good production with an innovative video. Sola Rosa's core is Andrew Spraggon who has consistently built teams of very talented instrumentalists and vocalists around a hybrid hip hop, funk, soul, and jazz meld. He writes great songs, often built around a basic riff, then fleshed out through the arrangements. The songs typically make it onto a recording in good shape. I don't remember hearing any one of his tracks being poorly produced. The new album is "Low and Behold, High and Beyond" available at the link here: http://music.solarosa.com/.



Sola Rosa - Spinning Top [feat LA Mitchell]

No comments:

Post a Comment