Scalper - Black Glory

I prefer posting newer videos to keep the blog "fresh", but to bring attention to a recent release which doesn't have a video, and where I can find a good quality proxy, we have a blog post. I had no idea an East Londoner was giving us something like the Bristol sound out of Auckland's beautiful west coast , but since early today I have been listening to, and enjoying, "Black Glory" from Scalper's  2010 "Flesh and Bones" album. (His real name is Nadeem Shafi.) The reason I am posting the video is a just- released collaboration between Scalper and Claire Duncan (of Dear Time's Waste), in what looks like it might be one of the highlight tracks from Scalper's upcoming album "The Emperor's Clothes".  I came across "Lullaby", thanks to the timely recommendation of a Twitter friend (KXVGXN). Regular readers of this blog will know I rate Ms Duncan very highly, but in "Lullaby" she doesn't dominate, balancing Scalper beautifully in what is a stunning, close-to-ambient track...well produced, and with staying power. There is little syncopation, which sits it closer to the Dear Time's Waste sound, (almost becoming a Nick Cave classic), but in the end it remains a Scalper track. Highly recommended. I look forward to the new album. To hear "Lullaby" (the reason for this post), and to buy Scalper's historical material, you can listen at the link below.

http://scalper.bandcamp.com/



Black Glory - Scalper

No comments:

Post a Comment