Louie Knuxx - Dying Slow

An acquired taste, this track has crept up on me over several listenings. With production by Netts Money, the sound is in Louie Knuxx's (aka Todd Williams') words from "a time where I was really looking for something different". It is not a texture I have heard from him previously, but invariably I find Todd's distinctive delivery tends to bring out the best of the production behind it. He admits that the addition of a strong vocal by Bim turned this offering into a song, and I agree. I initially had a small problem with the repetitive vocal motif but that faded after a couple of listens. With the usual challenging and evocative writing again a feature of this track ("I wrote the hook to this song when I was going through an existential crisis"), Todd says "the refrain at the end 'progressive gangsta thug slash gentleman romance rap' is what I like to call my genre of rap I feel I have created (although) I doubt there will ever be a section for it in a CD store". Don't worry Louie - how many of those are left? I really like this song. The video is of a gothic persuasion. Not one to be eating the evening meal to, but the imagery is powerful. The video was directed by Johnny Brixton of Fly Island. "Dying Slow"is off the new EP from Louie Knuxx called..."Dying Slow"! The EP will be available from www.iheartdropdead.com later this week. A compulsory buy for me.



Louie Knuxx - Dying Slow

No comments:

Post a Comment