Junica - Let Me Go Out

Nik Brinkman has the touch. A deft songwriter, producer, performer and aesthete, it is pretty clear to me that a major hit single/album will be his one day. I have already stated previously that I see potentially enormous success offshore at some stage. This offering is another typically talented combination of music and visuals, but judged against the high standards set by his previous material, it is not his best. A bit "samey", and the chorus doesn't lift quite as well as it has in other material. Can't win 'em all! (I still like it though.) I assume with a new album coming that we are in line for further treats. I personally would like to see some further variation of tempo, having enjoyed the "Eno-ish" music in his (very) short film, "True North". I understand he has now signed with "Let The People Speak", Matt Coleman's management group. It is great to see the business side falling into place. Looking forward to that album!



Junica - Let Me Go Out

No comments:

Post a Comment