Anna Coddington - Bolt

I had a chance meeting with the multi-talented (including karate!) Anna Coddington in an airport lounge the other day and this reminded me to look her music up, driven in part by my affection for her contribution to "Little Lotus EP", Benny Tones' charity project with profits going to children on the Myanmar/Thailand border. Anna's contribution was "Big Life", a slightly Caribbean mix of samples, simple beats, and engaging melody. What I particularly liked was hearing her music with textural layering, amidst a modestly electronic production environment. I personally would like to hear more material similarly developed. I looked up some YouTube videos and came across "Bolt" from the "Cat & Bird" album. A good song, well-produced with a great little video by Sally Tran. The subject matter is clear enough! You can have a listen to the album at the link below.

The "Cat & Bird" album is available to both listen and purchase at the following link: http://annacoddington.bandcamp.com/



Anna Coddington - Bolt

No comments:

Post a Comment