Glass Owls - Let's Take The Road

I really like this band's sound. Tomas Nelson's distinctive vocals enmeshed with those jangling guitars has star quality written all over it. I am not sure this is their best song, but it is pretty good nonetheless. As with Tom Lark, I see these guys having substantial international potential, but it will require a move offshore to make it happen. After my recent New York sojourn, it seems to me that New York would be a good place to start as a band with as good an overall sound as this could really cut through. "Let's Take The Road" has the makings of a "sleeper". Dreamy and laid-back as this song is, I can imagine waking up one day and suddenly realizing I am in love with it, but I am not there yet. I do like it though. Djeisan Suskov is on the knobs here, further adding to the growing body of evidence he is one of New Zealand's better producers. The video is directed by Simon and Dominic Taylor.

You can buy the single at this link: http://glassowls.bandcamp.com/



Glass Owls - Let's Take The Road

No comments:

Post a Comment