Urbantramper - Stephen Dedalus is My Homeboy

Wellington-based Urbantramper, simultaneously wearing the "electro-utopian" and "future folk" labels (!), have been around for circa 10 years. "Stephen Dedalus is My Homeboy" is off their 2012 album "Internet Freedom is Love". Quoting www.undertheradar.co.nz, the video "like the song, is inspired by the the protagonist of James Joyce's novel A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and 'is a portrait of the artist as a small-time indie pop music maker'...". For those who haven't done university English literature 101, Stephen Dedalus is the principal character in the aforementioned novel. The track has grown on me, although it has taken some time. Now I am wondering why on earth it did take so long. I am slow sometimes! The album is worth a listen. I have just bought it.

You can buy"Internet Freedom is Love" and other Urbantramper material at the link below.

 http://urbantramper.bandcamp.com/

For more on "Stephen Dedalus", see the Wiki link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Dedalus



Urbantramper - Stephen Dedalus is My Homeboy

No comments:

Post a Comment