Kimbra - Come Into My Head

It is quite a sight seeing someone at the top of her game, riding an industry support wave and getting it right.  I think this video is a good example. This whole offering is exhilarating. I feel slightly guilty that I am putting a tall poppy out there when clearly she is not suffering for resources required. I prefer the undiscovered diamonds, rough or maybe less so. But I just can't ignore how good Kimbra and her collaborators are here. This video rides that razor's edge between artistic integrity, and commercial viability as well as anything I have seen for some time. Well done Kimbra. It is great to see someone who takes her craft seriously, but herself, not too seriously, except where it counts. Madonna and others, a lesson for you.



Kimbra - "Come Into My Head" [Official Music Video]

No comments:

Post a Comment