Junica - You're My Sun' ft. Mike Edwards (Jesus Jones)

I apologize for not updating the blog for the last few days, but sometimes my real life gives my blog life short shrift. Currently in Aspen, Colorado, I have been trekking around US cities for the last week. As usual, there has been plenty going on in New Zealand music over the last few days, but my event of the week was the release of the self-directed, self-edited, self-photographed video of "You're My Sun" by Junica (Nik Brinkman). Regular readers of this blog know how highly I rate Nik. He is the consummate artist/aesthete with an ability to deliver across a range of media. He is a very talented writer of pop songs with broad appeal, but discernable identity. With "You're My Sun", off his recent album "The Celebration", Nik has put together a great pop video on what I know to be a limited budget. The quality of this video is top-decile. It's a pity that the great Mike Edwards (principal of one of my favourite bands of the early 90s, Jesus Jones), had his contribution to this song blended into something unrecognizable, but I am sure the producer (Greg Haver - prod'n for Manic Street Preachers) was working towards what best represented the song, the performance and Nik's idea. The overall offering is superb, and refreshing to see coming out of a Wellington that often defines itself within other genres. If you would like to buy this song, or the album, please go to the link below. I bought the album a long time ago, and it remains on high-rotate. I have also included a link to Jesus Jones' "International Bright Young Thing" and "Right Here, Right Now". Two of my favourite songs ever.

You can buy Junica's "The Celebration" at the link below:

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/album/the-celebration/id573757325

The Jesus Jones "International Bright Young Thing" and "Right Here, Right Now" single/video links are below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wa_nTuWAHE&list=PLF8CEA2B747A7158E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z6dxQVhE8o&playnext=1&list=PLF8CEA2B747A7158E&feature=results_video



Junica 'You're My Sun' ft. Mike Edwards (Jesus Jones)

No comments:

Post a Comment