Little Bark - Party

I caught the last two thirds of "Party" by Little Bark on C4 many months ago, and since then I have been trying to find out who it was, and where I could get access to the song. I got there finally yesterday, and unusually for NZMusic4U, I will be posting two videos in succession as I believe we have an enormously talented songwriter in Sophie Burbery. There are clear 80s and 90s influences in her work, but the songs are strong enough to transmit across genres and could be used by a variety of artists. I wonder to what degree she is "published" offshore? More on Sophie tomorrow. "Party" was co-produced with Conrad Wedde (ex-The Phoenix Foundation), and mixed/mastered by Dale Cotton (The Bats, Bachelorette, Beastwars). The video was directed by John Lake. You can buy the 2010 "Hope is Rubbery" album from which "Party" is sourced, at the link below. Tomorrow, we will cover the latest material.

http://littlebark.bandcamp.com/album/hope-is-rubbery-2



'Party' - Little Bark

No comments:

Post a Comment