The Phoenix Foundation - Evolution Did



I have always thought this song had a chance commercially. I hope it still does. It will no doubt eventually get sing-alongs at Phoenix Foundation gigs, with a chorus that is one of the all-time classics..."evolution did what creation was afraid of....it turned a monkey to a man". So loaded. Am I the only person who hears a little bit of Empire of the Sun in there? It's not meant as a slight as I love both bands. The album is "Fandango" and I have had it on high rotate for several months now. Is it their best? It might be, but it is definitely "up there" if not. The video was directed by Simon Ward with photography by Joe Hitchcock. Memphis Industries are The Phoenix Foundation's label. You can buy the album at the links below.

http://www.thephoenixfoundation.co.nz/fandango/

The Phoenix Foundation - Evolution Did

No comments:

Post a Comment