Scratch 22 - Medicine Man

At time of writing this video only had 551 views! Incredible considering it is one of the better pieces of work I have seen out there, and the song  carries one along effortlessly. A great ethnic cross-over groove. Scratch 22 seem a little enigmatic with not much information available and a website address that doesn't appear to work. But maybe that just reflects my web detection incompetency. I see he represented New Zealand in the Red Bull World Thr3style championships in Paris. "Medicine Man" is from Scratch 22's 2011 debut album, "Distance From View" and is available from Round Trip Mars. Scratch 22 is based in Auckland and is apparently well-respected for production/mixing work and guest spots with artists such as the Mint Chicks, Sola Rosa, Ladi 6 and Shapeshifter. I note he has also worked with Jeremy Toy of She's So Rad on this album. That fact alone would have got me interested prior if I had not discovered this video.



Scratch 22 - Medicine Man

No comments:

Post a Comment