Cool Rainbows - Southern Summer Sun

As promised earlier this week, here is a more representative (and more recent) track from Cool Rainbows, "Southern Summer Sun" off their album "Whale Rocket". I have purchased the album this week and it has been on high rotate as I have wandered around New Zealand's urban environment on my daily walks in the sun (some partial irony in there). The album makes great walking music. There does appear to be a Cool Rainbows "sound", but this album is still wonderfully diverse and has a strong emphasis on, and variety of, melodic textures, harmonies and dynamics - all those characteristics which tend to attract me to an artist's music. The album is available for sale directly from Lil' Chief Records. One recurring image that comes to me when listening to "Southern Summer Sun" is Napoleon's troops trudging through the snow trying to escape Russia. Where on earth that came from I don't know but I am sure they were thinking of similar things.



Cool Rainbows - Southern Summer Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment