Males - So High



Let's be honest. I could ask, but I haven't. (A little embarrassingly) I have no idea whether Males are called "Males", or "Males Males Males"! There are different versions all over the place. I am defaulting to the former. Superficial I know, but if I did know, I couldn't have started the post this way. A useful creative device. But it doesn't matter anyway, as I only post music I like, and I have heard a bit from these indie Dunedinites, Richard Ley-Hamilton and Sam Valentine. They're posted so clearly I must like them. "So High" was released as a single a year ago, but has been re-released with this video as part of the lead-up to the release of the band's "Run Run Run/MalesMalesMales" EP in November this year (Fishrider Records). The song was produced by Oli Wilson from the sadly-now-defunct Knives At Noon (posted elsewhere on this blog). The Dunedin musical lineage is clear to hear, but in the context of an infectious, poppy offering with tight production, it sounds very fresh to me. Loving the vocal styling. And what a hook! The video was directed by Levi Beamish (Sherpa, Rackets), and produced by Adam Thompson. There is a new single "Lucky Too", released about a week ago, which definitely needs a video also. If you would like to listen/purchase Males' music, please go to the link below. Can't wait to see these guys live sometime.

http://malesmalesmales.bandcamp.com/

Males - So High

No comments:

Post a Comment